For some, September is like a new start. Enrolling on a course, applying for a new job, changing career direction.
Here at CTL the wheels have been turning behind the scenes for months now, as we fill our courses for September.
Potential students who are about to start the 10 week Basic Counselling Skills Course or still applying - we still have some places - click here to read more about it.
Individuals starting the Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
Students beginning the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
In addition to those students progressing to the 2nd Year of the Level 4 Diploma.
It is a busy time!
We get asked a lot......
How can I prepare for an interview?
Whether it's an interview here at CTL or perhaps a counselling placement, or a promotion at work, or another training organisation, we wanted to offer you our 7 questions for preparing for interview.
If this doesn't apply, you may find it useful to come back to, when the time arises.
It may be something to contemplate and prepare.
Remember Interviews tend to be filled with Open Ended Questions.
Open ended questions can often leave you struggling to contain yourself - we can all ramble when we're asked to explain our commitment to our career, or why we are interested in a particular organisation.
The key here is to remain as calm as you can and practice before with a colleague.
Mock interviews are not just for school leavers, or university applicants.
- Hear yourself talk and articulate yourself.
- Gather feedback about your body language.
- It may be useful to record audio of the interview.
So here are our 7 interview questions
1. What are your 3 key strengths?
2. What work values are important to you in a career?
(Work values are things like, independence, travel, security, risk, recognition, autonomy.)
3. Do you have an area for development, what is it and how do you wish to build on this skill?
4. Tell us about a significant achievement? What makes you feel really proud?
5. If you're applying to a counselling course, are there any counselling theories that interest you?
6. Can you give us an example when you worked with a difficult person?
7. Tell us about how you work in a team? Can you give us an example of a team task?
Hope this helps.
Our 10 week Basic Counselling Course starts in September 2016
Registration is open and we still have a few places.
Email us to get more information
visit here to read more about it.
Sign up to receive CTL News:
a bimonthly newsletter with blog posts relating to personal and professional development