It is always a good idea to have this near to you as you a) set up your assignment structure and b) when you're checking everything, before you submit to your tutor.
1. Have you written a front sheet, containing the Assignment Code, Title of Assignment, your tutor, your name, date, year, certificate level.
2. Have you also included your name and assignment code/title in the footer of your work?
3. Have you included page numbers?
4. Have you used double line spacing, justified your paragraphs, used an appropriate font (ariel), size (12) and with clear bold underlined headings/criteria points?
5. Does the assignment follow the criteria structure? For example, have you included either headings or the actual criteria point, so it's clear for the marker?
6. Have you addressed all the criteria points?
7. Have you provided enough reference evidence to support your point? (where necessary).
8. If possible, have you referenced appropriately with Harvard Referencing (see this post if you're not sure.)
9. Have you included any examples from your own experiences, if required?
10. Is your assignment within the word count? If not, are you 10% over or 10% under? If you are over or under by a greater amount, can you cut down or add?
11. Is the reference list complete and presented in alphabetical order?
12. Have you credited your references and not plagiarised the ideas contained in the assignment?
We also have a new Basic Counselling Skills beginning on January 13th, every Wednesday Evening: 6.15 - 9.15pm for 10 weeks. Cost: £125 (£100 concessions). Get in touch here if you'd like to apply.